Will These Walls Miss Us Too?





When I reflect upon the sanctity a home provides I feel affection and sadness for the the walls that bore witness to, the most intimate moments of the living of our lives. Our family was comprised of a mother, a daughter, five beloved dogs and two dwarf rabbits.

Various aunts, uncles and cousins have been guests along the way, and treasured friends from all parts of the world. These walls have observed jovial dinner parties, tantrums, heartbreaks and the joys of new beginnings. There has been outrageous laughter, worry, sadness and the plain ol' celebrating of everyday life.

Our walls have been adorned with paintings and objets' art from China, Mynamar and Thailand and I ask myself will they miss representing us in their exotic dressings?

This space that we call home that we have occupied for almost seven years, has been a stage for "living theatre" in its myriad forms. The brilliant little girl who grew up with Chinese red lacquer walls in her room, is beckoned eastward and beyond, having morphed into an exquisite young woman. Four of our canine family members are on the other side, but it is these walls that saw the humor, love and protection they endlessly gave.
The claw marks inside the front door in the Russian blue paint are the expressed indignation of our Rottweiler Layla when at times, she was left behind. Those marks will be missed,for they are proof of her having lived, and what she gave in all of her protective splendor.

So it is with our most recent canine family member, Bachhus that I will wave good bye to my once -upon- a- time princess as she answers to her callings.

As for me, I am finally looking forward, after so much practicing of "letting go". I will recreate, and begin anew as I have always done. It's just that these walls will truly be missed and on some level, I ask myself if they perhaps, will miss us too?

Comments

  1. Wow, a big change for you Kathy. I am sorry you are leaving your beautiful home but I know you will find something very nice. Blessings to you and you small family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts