Frito Paws




My agile, joyful, canine rescue, soothes me with his scents.His face is the very first I see each morning. My worries evaporate when I squish my face into his puppy fur and hug his furry neck. I love how he smells. His fur smells of toast and ocean air and his paws smell like Fritos! I cannot take credit for coining the term Frito paws, for somebody dear to me did so upon paying attention to my various adjectives after sharing how delectable he smells.


It is unthinkable to imagine that this noble puppy man, had his beginnings in a dumpster after having been tossed with his brother and sister. If you look closely you can see the tiny spark of hurt that inhabits his kind eyes.When he was presented at the shelter,all eight

pounds of fur and puppy breath quivered with vulnerability.


Of course I whispered to him that I would make everything okay 'cause I knew exactly how he felt. There was just so little between him and the big world. Making it better for him, makes it better for me, and that is how genuine love is. Oh and having paws that smell like Fritos helps...smelling them makes me just love him even more.

Comments

  1. poignant and heartwarming Kathy .... you obviously have a passion for the things that truly matter ... and Frito is a perfect name .... food of the gods

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts