Winging It



Balmy, breezy and beautiful...Maui. Sensual in every way. I have no care that my hair is untamed and strewn about my neck and I am messy from the wind and coconut oil. The sun plays with its light on sugar cane crops that bend in unison reminding me of a Wyeth painting.


Pyramidal shapes and terraced mountains in multitudes of greens fill my eyes.I half expect some goliath dinasaur to appear from a gorge.I am transfixed by the abundant beauty of nature. The scent is of plumeria and ocean spray intoxicates and I sigh with pleasure.


I am driving from the market and I am creating in my mind the dinner I will prepare tonight. I was going to do a seafood di mare, but Maui reminds me of Thailand and I am inspired to create a Thai dish.Lobster tails, shrimp and bay scallops in a coconut /red curry with lemon grass and basil shallots and garlic. There were no clams or mussels, so I had to "wing it" as I often do. As long as the local ingredients are the finest I can change what I will prepare,


"winging it". It took some time to learn to do so, and I am grateful for this ability that could also be considered a talent.


As I chop and slice and stir, I love the residue of basil, lemon grass and garlic fragrances on my fingers. I frequently long for Thailand, yet I am savouring Maui in every sense, for everything begets everything else...and besides, I am winging it. Some of my most enjoyed creations are from having done so.

Comments

  1. Hi Kathy.....Just love this.....and of course would love to try this "winging" it dish......sounds amazing!!!!!!
    Lisa B

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts